Tacx Flux 2 Smart T2980
Tacx Flux 2 Smart T2980
Description of Tacx Flux 2 Smart T2980 Cycletrainer
Note: Delivery includes the trainer with electromagnetic brake only. Other products shown serve solely illustrative purposes and will not be delivered.
The Tacx Flux Smart T2980 cycletrainer features a compact and now even more realistic direct drive - interactive and maintenance-free. The swift response of the Smart electronics and the 7.6kg flywheel transmit the slightest fluctuations in resistance directly and accurately to your legs. Of all the Tacx trainers, the Flux has the heaviest actual flywheel with a mass inertia of 32kg. The greater the flywheel effect, the more realistic the cycling experience.
The Flux Smart uses ANT+ and Bluetooth® Smart for communication and can therefore be connected wirelessly to smartphones and tablets. The ANT+ FE-C protocol enables you to train with Tacx apps as well as with third-party apps such as Zwift and TrainerRoad. You can also train stand-alone. If you do not connect the Flux, it will simulate a flat road.
Features of the Tacx Flux Smart T2900 cycletrainer:
- Max resistance: 2000 W
- Power accuracy: less than 2.5%
- Max. simulated slope: 16%
- Flywheel: 7.6kg (16.8lb)
- Mass inertia: 32kg (70.5lb)
- Resistance unit: Electro brake
- Control: Interactive
- Wireless connections: Bluetooth & ANT+
- Power supply: 110-240V
- Suitable axles: Race 130mm, MTB 135mm, 142x12mm & 148x12mm
- Suitable cassettes: Shimano & SRAM: 8 t/m 11 speed (Campagnolo body sold separately)
- Improved ride feel and specifications
- Fits bikes with long cage derailleur
Flux Smart Electromagnetic brake
The Flux Smart cycletrainer works with an electromagnetic brake with the advantages of being silent and maintenance-free at the same time. Thanks to the electromagnetic brake a resistance can be set that you also experience on the road or in a climb. The resistance unit provides a particular cycling experience by increasing or reducing the resistance on the rear wheel.
When cycling in a virtual terrain or in a film you can get outside the range for which the brake is intended. To allow cyclists with a motor brake and those with an electric brake to ride races against each other in multiplayer mode*, Tacx has developed the virtual speed. This concept translates the energy supplied into a certain speed, which can guarantee a fair contest. If this speed differs from the speed at which the rear wheel is running, the virtual speed will be shown on the screen in red.
* For this the Tacx Trainer Software 4 Advanced (included in the optional available Upgrade Smart package) and a license (7-days trial period) are required. See also "Software and apps".